'KitchinN1 is a busy buffet restaurant in King’s Cross and has been serving Thai, Chinese, Indian and Italian food through open buffet successfully for the last 8 years. We are currently looking for a Waiter/Waitress to join our team.
As a waiter/ waitress, you will be expected to provide the highest level of service to our customers at all times during service. Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and taking instruction are essential aspects to be successful in this role. Our philosophy is to ensure that all customers receive the highest level of dining experience at our restaurant delivered by friendly and engaging staff.
Hours: 25-30 hrs per week
Shifts: 11.00am - 3:00 pm
5:30 pm - 10:30pm
(Shifts can be either or both of them)
We expect you to have:
- Good communicative skills
- Attractive personality
- Positive thinking with can-do attitude
- Good team player
- Confident, good time keeper, punctual and responsible
- Attentive to every detail
- Ability to sell and up sell products and services
In return we offer the successful candidates:
- Competitive salary
- Meals on duty
- 50% off when dining with us
- Training, career progression and many more.
If it sounds like the next challenge you are looking for, drop your CV or call us, attend the interview, do a trial shift and if successful, start immediately.
Candidates having experience in the similar role, will be given high priority.
We are a restaurant in King’s Cross which has been popular for its authentic Thai, Chinese, Indian and Italian cuisine served through open buffet for the last 10 years. We are now looking for an experienced Restaurant manager who is expected to be first hand at carrying out the existing business practices as well as leading to the next level working together with current market trends, customer expectation and set out goals.
As a Restaurant Manager, you are expected to provide the highest level of service to our customers at all times and carry out day to day operational tasks. Customer service skills, knowledge of products and services, leadership skills in instructing and encouraging the junior staffs, enthusiasm and punctuality are the most important characteristics to be successful in this role.
- Must have worked at least 4 years in a high volume busy restaurant as a restaurant manager
- Must be proactive, hard working and confident
- Must be able to take the ownership of the jobs and responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills with impartial judgement ability
- Familiar with food, service and beverage
- Respectful to wide range of people
- Prompt and clear communicative skills
- Must provide at least 2 references and an statement of intent explaining why you regard yourself a suitable candidate and what you could bring with you to succeed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow the opening and closing procedures to comply with food and safety regulations.
- Recruit and hire staff as required by the business needs.
- Manage bookings and customer queries promptly and efficiently.
- Defining job roles and assigning tasks to the staffs according to their skills and abilities
- Conduct inductions and train new employees so that they are all aware of the business policies and strategies and conduct appraisals frequently.
- Implement the existing and new strategies to meet daily and weekly sales targets.
- Handover the jobs and responsibilities to the assigned assistant manager or supervisor while on off-shifts.
- Coordinate with the Head Chef and other kitchen staff on any requirements and maintain professional working relationship at all times.
- Encourage drinks sales and discourage food waste and effectively work to budgets.
- Full control of the dining hall making sure the food service area is neat and clean at all times.
- Make rotas with accurate time keeping practices.
- Record keeping duties of machineries and food handling equipments’ service and maintenance.
- Carry out administrative duties like mails, customer feedback lists, petty cash expense receipts, holiday forms and records, staff joining forms, incident reports
- Hold the briefings everyday for smooth delivery of services and share every important message to all the employees.
- Maintain a good communication channel with other departments, suppliers, contractors, and board of directors.
- Handle customers’ complaints efficiently and address them professionally.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the owner.
Shifts: 5 days a week (11am to 11 pm with 2 hours break)
Salary: £23k to 30k (based on experience and performance)
Holiday: 28 days
Starting day: 1st September 2017
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a recent CV.